Monday, February 21, 2011

weekend...

a busy busy weekend!

It's been a while since I had a weekend with no gigs.
thought i would of relaxed but exciting things do come up!!!

I found out that Riverdance is in Columbus for the weekend and I really wanted to see that for a long time so I took the chance.  It was awesome!!!!  Don't know what but Irish music has that something that grabs my heart.  Tap dance was great as well.  made me wanna try it, made it'll brush up my rhythm.  The most exciting part was the two groups of dancers, Traditional Irish vs. American tap.  Same style of dancing, but totally different way of expressing rhythm.

So that was Saturday and I thought i would have a slow Sunday, but guess not.  I was looking thru facebook and my friend Brian Henke in Westlake Ohio was having a open mic/concert.  I haven't seen him for a while and open mic sounded nice on a Sunday afternoon so I decided to go!! 2.5 hr driving.  How random,,, but it was worthwhile trip!! was scared because Cleveland area was just starting to get some freezing rain, but i safely made it and was just in time for my turn to play.  I play about 5 tunes, great feedback, great sound and nice people!! sold some CDs which did pay my gas but most of all, pure fun!!!

I got back around 1pm,,, exhausted of course... but those cups of coffee on the way back did wake me up... lol

great weekend, I truly appreciate these chances that makes my life so fulfilled.  Thank you so so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment