Friday, February 11, 2011

JSO event

Yesterday, I had the chance to do a event for JSO, Japanese Student Organization at OSU.  I haven't really been involved in JSO, but I knew the organization from a long time,, since back in high school.  I was hanging out with college kids then (ha, lucky me lol) but after I went to Boston, the connection was lost.

It was probably last December when i got back in touch with the JSO.  Since then, they have given me great opportunities to share my music.  OSU had a event called "Taste of OSU", gathering of 33 different cultural groups sharing there native food and cultural performances.  I was asked to represent JSO for the performance, (hell yeah playing finger-style guitar is traditional Japanese act lol) and guess what,,,, I performed in front of  thousand people at the event!!  That was probably the max number of ppl i performed for.  yes, i was greatly nervous and my "Classical Gas" (i know, it's so representing Japan) was shakier then ever but it was great experience and great exposure!!!
 


so yesterday, i did a event which I talked about contemporary Japanese lyrics and the language.  There are lots of spoken phrases going in those lyrics and thought i would share some of them to the students.  Yes, I try to make it educational as possible, not just showing of my music lol

it was first time i actually did a session of talking/explaining and performing.  I got some feedback, and i do hope they got something out of it...

it is the most joyful thing to get a chance to share some of your passion and love to people.
Thank you JSO and hope we can work together again!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment