Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A new Friend!!!

yes, i got a GOAT!!!!

looks like this...

it's a Djembe!!! a perfect match with my guitar right?

I always wanted a djembe for a long time and I finally got it.  it took me almost an hour to choose this guy... it should have looked weird at Guitar Center, when I was just playing 2 djembes over and over again... but hey, i got the right one.  good wood, good skin, organically made. 

I was really inspired yesterday, talking with Adam Rafferty for couple of hours, jamming, getting advices and talking about music.  He really focused on rhythm and how important it is for every musician, not just the drummer.  He also taught me some tricks and ways to focus on a certain pattern, so I'm really excited to practice those things,, and yes, see some improvement on the guitar too!!!!

Tomorrow, I got an event going on at OSU with the Japanese Student Organization.  Gonna pick up couple of Japanese tunes from the 70s, and try to explain the language thru lyrics.  first attempt to do this... hope it works out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment