Saturday, April 9, 2011

Al-cafe and Finger-picking day 2011

My first official show in Tokyo was a blast!!!

should of mentioned this, but it was on live with ustream, which means everyone in the world could of seen our show!! live that is.  another good news, it was recorded and it's certainly available to watch!! here is the link:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/13850775

and today,,, it was the National Finger-picking contest!!!

i did try to compete for this, but couldn't make it to the finals, which was today.
I was disappointed for not making this, but i took it as a message.  it's probably not my chance yet.

From 12:30 to 8pm, i was listening to almost 25 fingerpicking guiarists,,, with out eating or drinking anything lol and that was my choice, i was so into the music.


it probably was the most meaningful musical experience i ever had.
i have been competing for the last 2yrs, 2 contest per year and i never had the chance to actually see and listen to other performers at these events.  this was my chance and im sure glad i took it.  It was so fun to see others play there absolute best and compare it with my musicality and thoughts. 


the best thing, the winner was my friend!!!!


congrats to Aki Miyoshi.  he's gonna be at Kansas on 2012 to compete at the international finger style competition

tmrw is another gig!!!

aki Miyoshi is gonna play, Aki Tanaka and I are gonna play, and special guest from Korea is gonna play some guitar for us too!!!

it's gonna be another blast at Tokyo, Ueno tmrw!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment