Friday, April 1, 2011

3/30@kyoto 3/31@tokyo


so im back in Tokyo now
it really feels like i've been here for a month already...
but yes, it's been a week since i got here.


I just got back from Kyoto yesterday.
did a gig with Aki at his home ground and it was another awesome night.

I checked out Aki's gig in Tokyo with was a CD release party of a famous Japanese guitarist,
Chuei Yoshikawa

He has recorded guitar tracks for numerous big hits in Japan.  Also, one of the pioneers of acoustic guitar movement in Japan.  A 64yr old guy.  He was purely proffesional!!!

Aki was one of his guests, and many other famous studio musicians came to support.

It was those shows that made me feel so glad to be Japanese.
not in traditional way but Chuei's style is one of the most influential in the contemporary Japanese pop music.  that's what i heard in my teens and my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment